Get our Newsletter
As of June 1, Joy and I will be moving to my hometown of Mobile, AL. Our new address will be 3710 Harvest Court, Mobile, AL 36695. Please address all future communications to this address. Phone numbers will remain the same. This move will not affect the ministry of WDM in any way. Please continue to pray for us and consider giving your financial support as well in the future.
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, our May-June trip to Zimbabwe has been canceled and our July-Aug trip is tentative. Please pray that God will open the doors of ministry to us in His time and His way as we navigate this unprecedented situation.
Training, equipping, & mentoring
untrained pastors in Zimbabwe, East Africa.
Dr. G. Wayne Dorsett (DMin) has been a pastor of Southern Baptist Churches for over 30 years.
He has served in almost every type of church congregation experiencing solid growth with each opportunity. Wayne Dorsett’s heart beats with the message of reaching lost people with the transforming gospel of Jesus Christ, leading the church to seek God’s face for personal and corporate revival and equipping untrained pastors for the work of ministry.
Heart For Pastors is Pastor Dorsett's primary work abroad, ministering to untrained pastors in developing nations in an intensive 3-5 day seminar format. He provides training in essential Christian disciplines through trans-cultural, biblical instruction.
The five major disciplines of the Heart for Pastors training are:
Deliver instruction on organizing a sermon for clear communication of biblical truths.
Give basic guidance on drawing proper, biblical conclusions from the scriptures.
Review doctrines and disciplines indispensible to the Christian faith.
Build foundational understanding of Eight Characteristics of a Healthy New Testament Church.
Train pastors to equip their congregations to walk firmly rooted in truth, and to give scriptural answers for their faith.
Our Core Values
• The Lordship of Jesus Christ and the sufficiency of His finished work to be all that is needed for life and
ministry (Rom. 14:9; 2 Pet.1:3).
• The absolute accuracy and authority of the Word of God (Ps. 18:30; 2 Tim. 3:16-17).
• The power of the gospel of Jesus Christ to change people’s lives regardless of culture or circumstance
• A servant attitude in all we do (John 13:12-17).
• A belief in and support of the local church (1 Cor. 12:13; Eph. 4:14-16).
• Integrity in our relationships and excellence in how we do ministry (Ps. 86:11; 2 Cor. 4:2).